Cross-Cultural Couples Workshop Austin (CCCWA) 2017
Are you feeling frustrated about the arguments that you have with your spouse or partner? Has it been difficult to find help for your feelings of hopelessness with regards to your relationship? Research has shown that international couples are at a high risk for divorce, due to barriers which prevent them from maintaining a strong, loving relationship. These barriers can include conflicting values, beliefs and parenting styles, as well as differences in culture, language and communication.
CCCWA will help you to develop a strong emotional bond, and increase your level of trust, and emotional and physical intimacy. The workshop will also help you to better understand your spouse or partner, and you will learn how to grow together as a couple, through healthy communication.
How can the Cross-Cultural Couples Workshop Austin help you?
- Explore how cultures, values, and beliefs affect your relationship
- Address stuck patterns and negative cycles
- Learn more about your partner’s inner world
- Explore increasing emotions and physical intimacy through role-play
- Deepen your emotional and physical connection
- Develop new communication skills
- Learn how to heal and resolve conflicts
- Discover a vision for a healthy marriage
- Have the relationship that you have always wanted.
Our workshop base therapies are Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Grattan Therapy, Virginia Satir Communication Theory and Dialectical Behavior High Conflicts Couple Therapy (DBT).
In this workshop, there will be role-plays and demonstrations on how couples emotionally dance together. Our workshop is a powerful resource, which will have lasting benefits on your relationship, as well as save you time, energy, and suffering. Our workshop offers communication skills and experiential learning in a safe environment.
This workshop is presented by Ji Young Kim, M.A, a Licensed Professional Counselor, qualified DBT and EMDR therapist, certified Virginia Satir Lecturer, and trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Ji Young Kim has over 16 years of counseling experience in clinical settings and hospitals and has worked with individuals, couples, families and other forms of group therapy.
Christina Peck, M.A. is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor Associate, EMDR trained, Gottman Trained, DBT informed, currently working in different agencies settings and provide private practice with couples, families, group, and individual therapy. Cristina Peck is supervised by Michael Sliwa LPC-S and LMFT-S
09/09/2017 (Starting register from 03/01/2017)
Where: The Westin Austin at The Domain (Conference Room)
Address: 11301 Domain Dr, Austin, TX 78758
- 8:30am - Preparation
- 9:00am – Workshop Part I Begins
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm - Lunch Break
- 1:30pm – Workshop Part II Begins
- 4:30pm – Workshop Ends
- There will be a 15 minute break approximately every one-and-a half (1.5) hours
Sign up early to secure your spot!
- $295 (Register by 12/23/16)
- $345 (Register after 12/23/16)
- Major credit cards/checks accepted.
- You can make a monly payment plan. Please call at 512- 229-6913
Your tuition includes:
- Registration fees for per couple
- 2 workbooks
- Snacks for morning and for afternoon (including coffee and tea)
Hotel expenses are not included in the tuition. If you wish to stay at The Westin Austin at The Domain, we have negotiated a discounted rate of $189 per night for the first 10 rooms reserved. You will need to book your hotel room on your own, by calling:
The Westin Austin at The Domain - (512) 832-4197
How to register for the workshop:
Register online (Click here)
If you would like more information about our workshop, please call 512-229-6913 or email your questions to: [email protected]